A Letter to my Readers
"The Word for Today" is a revision of "Fields" Self-Actualization Daily Word List" that was published a decade ago. Because of numerous testimonies received from people who read and applied these words to their living the author is reissuing this booklet with a slight modification, under the name "The Word for Today," that most respondents called it.
This "daily word list" is designed to provide the users of "The Word for Today" with a word that will positively impact their minds each and every day and enable them to have a healthy attitude, act with confidence and be encouraged as they discover themselves each and every day.
How to use this word list:
(1) Bracket, (2) Define, (3) Focus, (4) Apply, and (5) Review.
1. Bracket in your mind the word for the calendar day of the current month and the theme word for that month. Example: on the fourth day of January the word for today is "Kindness" and the word for January is self-esteem.
2. Define the word for today. Consult a dictionary if you do no already know the meaning of the word This is mandatory.
3. Focus on "the word for today" in the light of and in relationship to the theme word for the month. Say aloud both the word for today and the theme word for the month at least seven times. As you say them be aware of your thoughts and feelings. Are they pleasant, encouraging, challenging, nurturing, sensuous, inciting, consciousness raising?
4. Apply "the word for today" by using it and, whenever possible, demonstrating it in actions that you take. Example: on the fourth of January express "Kindness" with personal acts that will positvely impact your self-esteem and that of the recipients of your kindness.
5. Review seven words from the current month's word list preferably on the 7th, 14th, 21st and the remaining words on the last day of that month or thereabout. In addition, discuss these words the following month with one, two or more persons.
I enjoin you to celebrate and feast upon this offering.
Theme Word: SELF-ESTEEM
Theme Word: LOVE AND/OR SEX
12th. Intercourse (Sexual)
(February 29th occurs every
four years. 2004 is a leap year.)
Theme Word: LEARNING
Theme Word: RELATIONSHIPS
13th. Short-term (R...)
17th. Termination (of the R...)
18th. Developing (the R...)
19th. Growing (in the R...)
20th. Space (in the R...)
Theme Word: FREEDOM
3rd. Mutuality (Warrior)
27th. Clear (Psyche)
Theme Word: ALONENESS
Theme Word: SPIRITUALITY
Theme Word: CONFRONTATION
Theme Word: NOWNESS
Theme Word: ENJOYMENT
7th. Music (Instrumental)
Theme Word: ONENESS
25th. Projection (Astral)
About the Author
Uriah J. Fields, an author and
composer, is the principal founder
and Encourager-in-Chief of MWC,
that has as its threefold function:
1. Developing personhood
2. Encouraging the practice of community
3. Promoting peace (personal and social)
Copyright 1993, 2003, 2010 by Uriah J. Fields